2012년 12월 7일 금요일

Random Post #3: Introducing Linkin Park


Linkin Park: Mike Shinoda(Rap, Guitar, Keyboard,Sub-Vocal), Brad Delson(Guitar), Joe Hahn(Sampling, Turntables), Chester Bennington(Vocal), Rob Bourdon(Drum), Phoenix(Bass) (From left to right)

Linkin Park is one of my favorite bands. I first started to listen their music when I was second grade in middle school. The first song I heard was "In the End", which is popular for OSTs and so on. I soon knew that their first album "Hybrid Theory" is considered as one of the greatest rock album in the 00's. 


Linkin Park is called as LP by fans. One of the most significant feature of LP's music is the fusion of rap and rock. Mike is a rapper in LP, which is a not-existing position of a rock band. But as his rap technique is not good compared to professional hip-hop musicians, some Korean fans call his rap "English textbook rap." However, his existence brings LP a unique specialty. He is also capable of guitar and keyboards. 

LP's popular songs are In the End, Papercut, Faint, Numb, What I've done, New divide.

Linkin Park's songs were put into the Transformer series. What I've done, the title of third album <Minutes to Midnight>, and New Divide, which is made only for Transformers OST, were used. 


LP attracts fans with Chester's voice. His voice is so called "Growling sound". Thousands of people, I guess, would have a hoarse throat because they tried to sing like him. 
Their best album is their first album, <Hybrid Theory>. But as time pass by, they tried softer music, which disappoints their fans who were waiting for HARD ROCKKK!!! But personally I think the artistic value of the album increased. Their fourth album <A thousand suns> has no impressive single song, but hearing it as a full album makes me think this as a masterpiece with continuing song. It feels like I am hearing one song. It also contains certain messages to the society. As the lyrics of first albums of Linkin Park was focused on individual, the latter ones focused on sending messages to the people. 

Their live performances are not good as the digital soundtrack. I think this is because their songs were produced by experts of electronic music such as Joe Hahn. Joe Hahn is Korean-American, while Shinoda is Japanese-American. Joe Hahn is directing videos of the band. He mixes music in performances and refines every music of the band. 

Recently they released their fifth album <Living Things>. This is a fusion of the hard rock in the first period and soft rock in the latter period. My favorite track in this album is Burn It Down and Victimized.



Linkin Park came to Korea when I was third grade in middle school, but I was preparing for KMLA that time. If they come again, I won't lose the chance to see them!!

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기